We are thrilled to add Love Linked Permanent Jewelry to the roster of unique services offered at Winifred Grace! We offer Love Linked Permanent Jewelry in our Chicago boutique by appointment only. See the booking calendar below to reserve your spot and experience what the New York Times is calling "the Modern Day Friendship Bracelet".
What is permanent jewelry?
Also referred to as forever jewelry, endless chain, zapped jewelry, or welded bracelets, permanent jewelry is a unique way to honor any commitment you might be making whether to a loved one or yourself. Looking for a special way to celebrate a birthday, bridal shower, baby shower, or anniversary? Book Now!
How does it work?
We offer a limited variety of fine 14k gold chains for you to choose from. If you want to upgrade, choose from our selection of charms which can easily be added. Once we customize the chain length to fit your wrist, we then connect the two ends with a tiny jump ring and weld it closed. Because it is welded, this means there is no clasp. However, if at any point you decide you no longer wish to wear the bracelet, it can be easily clipped off.
How long does it take?
Each appointment is 20 minutes long. We can service 1-2 people in a 20-minute appointment.
Book your appointment now to get linked through LOVE & JEWELRY!
14k 1mm Solid Cable Chain • $110
14k 1mm Diamond-Cut Cable Chain • $98
14k 1.2mm Rectangle Cable Chain • $195 (yellow only)
14k 1.2mm Diamond-Cut CURB Chain • $145 (yellow only)
14k 1.95mm Paper Clip Link Chain • $205
14k 2.25mm Anchor • $350 (yellow only)
14k 2mm diamond solitaire link ($124)
14k 2.5mm diamond Prong ($197)
14k 3mm diamond baguette ($196)
14k 2mm diamond square link ($200)
14k 3x2mm pear ($216)
14k freshwater pearl ($48)
14k leaf ($86)
14k starburst ($34)
10k “love” link ($110)
10k gold open heart link ($71)
10k gold “mama” link ($119)
14k Emerald & Diamond Evil Eye ($280) * yellow gold only
14k Glass Evil Eye•Blue ($48) * yellow gold only
14k Glass Evil Eye•Pink ($48) * yellow gold only
• If an appointment is missed, or you cancel less than 24 hours before your appointment, the booking fee is non-refundable.
• You can reschedule an appointment for a later date.
• If you are exposed to, or test positive for, COVID-19 please contact us immediately to reschedule your appointment. Any appointments needing to be canceled due to COVID-19 are rescheduled.
• If you would like a different metal than we offer or would like to request a specific initial charm or any add-ons, please let us know at least 7 days ahead of time so we can special order, if possible.
• If your bracelet breaks, or stretches we can repair it! Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• If at any point you have to remove your jewelry for any reason, it can be clipped off with scissors or clippers. And don't worry, we can always weld it back on!
• If you have a permanent bracelet, necklace or anklet from a different store that needs repair, we can fix it for you. Just email us at email@example.com
• We use a high-quality arc welding machine to weld the jump rings closed. Unlike soldering, there is no flame, just a tiny spark at the point of contact. As a precautionary measure, we place a piece of leather between your skin and the jewelry.
• This procedure is safe for 12 and up.
• Our brick & mortar address is Winifred Grace 5632 N. Clark Street in the charming, village-like Andersonville neighborhood of Chicago
In light of the recent statistics revealing how contagious the Omicron variant is, we are adding a few levels of protection for you and our staff. Getting a permanent bracelet requires our staff to be in very close contact with you for an extended period of time and we want to make sure all stay well!
Masks are required. Our staff will be equipped with N95 masks and we will have extras for anyone that needs one.
We’ve added a plexiglass screen between you and our staff during your Love Linked appointment and therefore will only be able to apply permanent bracelets; necklaces and anklets will be put on pause until further notice.
Finally, we will be requesting proof of vaccination and/or a recent negative covid test. We appreciate you and want to keep everyone feeling safe & comfortable. If you have questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out: we are here for you!